Pages

19 April 2014

Fargo (TV show)


An original adaptation of the Academy Award-winning feature film, Fargo features an all-new “true crime” story and follows a new case and new characters, all entrenched in the trademark humor, murder and “Minnesota nice” that made the film an enduring classic.  Set in Bemidji, Minnesota, this limited drama series follows Lorne Malvo (Oscar winner Billy Bob Thornton, Sling Blade), a drifter who meets and forever changes the life of an ordinary insurance salesman, Lester Nygaard (Martin Freeman, Sherlock). Other key players include Colin Hanks (Dexter) as Duluth Police Deputy Gus Grimly, a single dad who must choose between his own personal safety and his duty as a policeman; Allison Tolman (Sordid Lives: The Series) and Bob Odenkirk (Breaking Bad) as a pair of Bemidji cops; Kate Walsh (Private Practice) as a former stripper; Oliver Platt (The Big C) as the supermarket king of Minnesota; Glenn Howerton (It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia) as an ambitious personal trainer; and Russell Harvard (The Hammer) and Adam Goldberg (Saving Private Ryan) as members of the Fargo crime syndicate.

I was just too lazy to write my own description of the show so I just copied it off from the FX website. What else is there to say? It's FARGO! One of my all time favorite movies (1996) and it's got Billy Bob Thornton (the master of transformation), Martin Freeman (Dr. Watson & Bilbo Baggins) and Bob Odenkirk (Better call Saul!) in it. I watched the pilot episode last night and even though I had REALLY HIGH expectations I still got stunned by it! The story is new and has nothing to do with the movie (although the producers hinted some possible minor crossovers with the original story) and it is supposed to be a single-season, 10-episode show only. If you ask me, that's perfect... since a lot of shows get ruined by too stretched story. Even my wife may be willing to watch this - she really hates to wait for a year to see what happens next in the following season :)

After True Detective I thought it would take a lot of time to see something of this quality. Fortunately, I was wrong. It might be too early to say that since it's been only one episode, but I just can't see how this could go wrong. YOU HAVE TO WATCH THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment