Pages

20 August 2014

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)


If you don't want to read it all:
Score: 7/10
Verdict: Just as good as the first one. Very entertaining... and it has Scarlett Johansson in leather. Again :)



Honestly, I disliked the first Thor movie and was quite disappointed with Iron Man 2, so when Captain America: The First Avenger came out, my expectations were as low as the sea level. We might even be talking about submarine depth here. That may be the reason why I actually enjoyed the movie about the very first avenger and his fight against the evil Hydra and Red Skull. That or the fact that I just love stories that happen during World War II. This would be a good time to say that I loved The Avengers... the scene with Loki and Hulk is absolutely legendary and I re-watch it monthly. "Puny god" hahahahahahaha... seriously, that scene is one of the best in the history of movie making!

Back to the more serious matters. Right. The sequel is, in short, on par with the first film. I liked almost all of it... with the exception of Winter Soldier himself. It seems like they included him just so they could show us once again how Captain America (Steve Rogers) is such a good and emotional guy. That's why they chose him, why remind us over and over again? The story is strong enough even without a character with such a pathetic intent. 

Okay so I don't like the character of Winter Soldier, but the rest is just fine. As you can see from the cover image, Rogers is accompanied by Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) and Falcon (Anthony Mackie), while Director Fury finally has more than 2 minutes of appearance. Their enemy... I will keep it "secret" just in case you haven't heard the latest news in Marvel universe. Also, it collides with the story of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and forces a new course for the TV show. Check out my review and see how it changed Agents for the best!

So yes, it is good. I really don't want to tell you anything about the story itself because I don't want to spoil any of it. This is one of the best, if not the best movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe so far. Still, the best scene is still this one:



No comments:

Post a Comment