Pages

23 May 2014

The Americans, Season 2 Finale!


Spoiler alert! Do not read if you haven't seen the last episode!

I guess I was distracted (don't ask why), but I missed the fact that The Americans season 2 was coming to an end. The Finale was aired on wednesday evening and although it wasn't as dramatic as last year's final moments it was still quite tense and very satisfying. And very, very surprising. For me at least.


So what was in it? A damn lot of things! First of all I was glad to see that Stan cannot be manipulated after all. No matter what was at stake (Nina's life!) he still passed the final patriot exam and failed to deliver Echo to the Soviets. I wonder what will happen to Nina now, but I don't think she will die. Don't forget that she is not the first embassy employee who was returned to Soviet Union because of betrayal and that person is still very much alive.

As for the solution to the murder of Emmett and Leanne Connors and their daughter... I'll have to quote Sir Arthur Conan Doyle here:

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

I don't know about you, but I didn't suspect Jared at all. Not even for a millisecond. There was a problem with a lack of suspects concerning the slaughter in the hotel, but Jared... No way! Kudos to the writers of this show, I never saw it coming. And how it all fit into the final moments of the season... I guess I am simply amazed with how they made it all fit. Jared's recruitment, his devotion to the cause, Center's plans and ideas, Claudia's statement about Elisabeth's and Phillip's children. It's simply perfect and a great intro for Season 3.

Oh yeah, Larrick is dead at last. And Soviets still don't have everything they need for their own Stealth program. Seeing a 5,25" floppy disk was a personal highlight of this episode, it brought back some wonderful memories.

That's it from The Americans for this year. Season 3 has been confirmed so now it's just a matter of time before this great show is back on TV.

До свидания!

No comments:

Post a Comment